Developing Peer Support
It is important that a group is diverse and represents the student population.
It is also important to think about students who have experienced bullying, their friends and those in the school that can bring about change. Here are some things you need to think about before building participation.
- Students who have been or are currently impacted by bullying, whether they are being bullied, witnessing bullying or bullying others.
- Students who should be included to make the experience a positive one.
- Students in your school who have the desire to bring positive change.
- Students in your school who might be able to make a difference.
- Students in your school in whom other students trust.
- Student leaders who will help build and sustain the movement.
- Student leader who has an existing platform and is an influencer on campus and in the community.
- Students who should be included that represent your student population.
- Students need to genuinely care about supporting their school’s bullying prevention efforts.