The goal of a student contest is to raise awareness regarding the importance of bullying prevention in your school through visual means.
Contests could include a variety of art forms such as posters, videos, hashtags, skits, poems, sculpture, banners, logos, emoji-related art, etc.
Hosting a contest is a great way to draw attention to your cause and get support from a larger group of students, school and community.
- Provides a fun competition for students to participate in;
- To decorate your school and provide consistent messages to the student body;
- To visualize your voice and what is most important to you;
- To connect with community organizations and include them in your campaign for support;
- Provide artwork to businesses in your community to display in support of the school’s efforts and, ideally, obtain funding from them to support your ideas and programming.
- Provide an awards ceremony to include school staff, parents and community members. This would be a good time to highlight your creative projects and successes.
The judging process for contests should be very clearly outlined before a contest is sent out to students. Work with your advisor to complete this portion.